Promoting creative exchange between Switzerland and the Arab region: Pro Helvetia Cairo supports residencies for Swiss artists in Arab countries, as well as for artists and cultural practitioners from the Arab region in Switzerland. Applications for studio residencies can be submitted once a year through our open call. The next round for residencies in 2019 is now open until March 1, 2018.
Pro Helvetia Cairo’s residency program is currently focused on the exchange between Egypt and Switzerland. The call is nevertheless open to artists from the region to Switzerland and for Swiss artists to any Arab country.
- convincing track record: personal artistic activity above and beyond regional level
- context-related motivation
- adequate foreign language skills
- Studio residencies applications are open every year from December until March of the following year.
- Applications are submitted via: http://wwww.myprohelvetia.ch