Call for Participation: SHE GOT GAME (Deadline Extended to 21 Nov. 2022)
SHE GOT GAME is an initiative by the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia to promote gender equality and diversity in the Swiss and international videogames scene. Even though the number of women in leading roles within the videogame industry is growing, under-representation still exists. This mentorship program includes formats to empower participants, foster international exchanges with peers and industry veterans and promote discussions around the topic of women in games.
Up to 3 women from the Arab region working in game development will benefit of the following:
- 1:1 online mentorship with an international expert of the industry.
- Online lectures to develop entrepreneurial and professional skills.
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with other participants of the program.
- Visibility for their work.
All sessions will be held in English. The mentoring program will be flanked by panels and events on the topic of gender representation in the videogames industry, which Pro Helvetia presents in cooperation with international partners.
Eligibility criteria for applicants
- The call is open for emerging talents in the Arab region working on an independent interactive media project designed for computers, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, virtual reality headsets or similar devices, and any other type of digital content requiring a high degree of interaction from the user.
- The call is open for women with a maximum of 7 years of experience in the game.
- Applicants must be from the Arab region.
To participate in the program, please send your complete application in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 November 2022 (up to 23:59), with the following documentation:
- Contact information
- Short biography and portfolio of projects worked on until now (include your education, nationality and/or residence status)
- Concept description or Game Design Document of project you are currently working on (with visual material).
- Additionally, please fill out this Form
Note: the number of participants in the program is limited. The applicants who best meet the criteria and who are more likely to benefit from the mentoring will be selected.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
In case of questions or feedback, please contact: email@example.com
Q&AS ON «SHE GOT GAME»
1. What is the time frame and the schedule of this project?
The mentorship, lectures and peer-to-peer circles will take place between January and June 2023. The participants will receive a total of 16 hours in one-to-one mentorship, access to 8 online lectures and 4 peer-to-peer circles.
2. What are the mentors’ expertise?
The expertise of the mentors is very diverse. You can find a list of the mentors here.
3. Can I choose the mentor?
When filling out the form, participants mark the topics they are interested in being mentored on. They will then be paired with a mentor accordingly.
4. What topics will be covered in the lectures?
The lectures cover a wide range of important topics within the Interactive Media industry.
5. How many hours are expected to devote to this project?
The participants are expected to dedicate between 35 to 40 hours for «She Got Game».
6. When will you announce the result of the open call?
The participants will be notified by latest mid-December.