Open Call 2022 – On the Road Again II
Submission Deadline Extended to July 8th.
Pro Helvetia Cairo invites art and cultural organisations, collectives, festivals and spaces active in the Arab region to collaborate on developing new projects with Swiss counterparts, in all art disciplines (with exception to film).
Partnerships to be between two partners from the Arab countries (nationally or regionally) along with a Swiss partner. Projects could take place physically, in a digital format or a hybrid of both.
Pro Helvetia Cairo offers financial support of up to CHF 25’000 for each project for a duration of up to 12 months.
Why On the Road Again, Again?
Over the past years, Pro Helvetia Cairo has been following the growing efforts of forming cross-regional networks and partnerships in the Arab region, which have been instrumental to the resilience of the arts and culture field during challenging times. Pro Helvetia Cairo is equally conscious of the implications of COVID-19 and economic changes on the sector. Believing in the effectiveness of intra-regional collaboration, Pro Helvetia Cairo is launching the 2nd edition of On the Road Again. It shall support projects that connect multiple partners from the Arab region with Swiss partners/artists to work on exploring new realms of international cultural exchange, where different tools are experimented, innovative formats are initiated, and beneficial artistic exchanges are created. Such collaborations, sharing resources and exchanges on a national and regional level would strengthen the local art scenes and nurture the ecosystem, and reinforce connections with the Swiss art scene and its presence in the region.
What type of projects?
Labs, experimentation, co-creation, sharing practices, presentation, projects promoting collaboration and exchange between Switzerland and the Arab region, as well as exchanges within the Arab region- from different or same countries.
Architecture – Arts, sciences, and technology – Design – Interactive media – Literature – Music – Performing arts – Visual arts- Transdisciplinary focus
Who can apply?
- Arab arts collectives, organizations, and institutions active in the Arab region.
- Swiss artists, cultural practitioners, collectives, and arts institutions. The Swiss partner must be firmly established in the Swiss cultural scene and has a Swiss nationality or a permanent residence in
- Each project must be developed and implemented by groups of three (2 Arab partners- active in the same or different countries and 1 Swiss) with possible involvement of more individual artists/ practitioners active in Switzerland and the Region.
- Priority is given to new alliances with longer-term perspective of collaboration and to partnerships from different Arab countries.
- One of the partners from the Arab region will apply on behalf of the 3 partners.
What are the requirements?
- Clear project idea with mentioning the process and its results.
- Project relevance to the local scenes and context.
- Implementing partners complementary roles, relevant experience they bring in their own fields and how this project fits within partners’ previous and future activities.
- For the budget,
- Detailed budget clarifying the overall project budget, the requested items to be covered by this open call and the contributions from each partner and/or other sources of funding (if applicable).
- Pro Helvetia does not fully finance projects. Please highlight partners’ own in-kind or financial contributions and/ or that of other funding sources.
What is the timeline?
|Application deadline||8 July 2022|
|Informing applicants about application status||September 2022|
|Selected projects’ start date||October 2022|
Please note that,
- Only complete applications submitted in English and on time will be considered.
- Shortlisted projects will be contacted to further discuss the application and budget.
- Additional supporting documents will be requested from selected applicants upon agreement on final project design and details.
How to apply?
Deadline to submit complete applications is 30 June 2022– end of day.
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “On the Road Again, Again” in the subject line.