Pro Helvetia Cairo invites art and cultural organisations, collectives, spaces and festivals active in the Arab region to collaborate on developing new projects with Swiss counterparts and artists, in all art disciplines (with exception to cinema).
Over the past years, Pro Helvetia Cairo has been following the growing efforts of forming cross-regional networks and partnerships in the Arab region, which have been instrumental to the resilience of the arts and culture field during challenging times.
Believing in the effectiveness of intra-regional collaboration, Pro Helvetia Cairo launches this open call to support projects that connect multiple partners from the Arab region with Swiss partners/artists to work on exploring new realms of international cultural exchange, where different tools are experimented, innovative formats are initiated, and beneficial artistic exchanges are created.
Partnerships could be between two or more organisations from the same country or different Arab countries along with Swiss partners/artists. In recognition of the lingering challenges and limitations posed by the Covid-19 pandemic on the cultural field, projects could take place physically (if possible), in a digital format or a hybrid of both.
Pro Helvetia Cairo offers financial support up to 20,000 CHF for each project.
Who Can Apply:
- Registered or non-registered art and cultural organisations, collectives, spaces and festivals active in the Arab region.
- Each project must include at least two Arab partners.
- Each project must include at least one Swiss partner (artist/s, collective, company, festival)
- Partners from different Arab countries are encouraged to apply, but partners from the same country are also welcome.
- A detailed budget clarifying the contributions from each partner, other sources of funding (if applicable), and the requested items to be covered by this open call needs to be submitted with the application.
- The grant does not cover any structural expenses (institutional salaries, office rentals, etc.) nor the purchase of devices or equipment.
- Pro Helvetia Cairo does not support work production.
- Only new projects, which start after September 1, 2021, are eligible to apply.
- Projects should fall within the disciplines supported by Pro Helvetia: visual art, performing arts, music, literature, design, architecture, interactive media and interdisciplinary projects. Filmmaking projects are not eligible.
- Innovative projects with a focus on new forms of exchanges and artistic collaborations are particularly welcomed.
- Applicants must apply all recommended COVID-19 safety procedures for the safety of all artists and public involved in the project.
How to apply:
Deadline for submission is July 30, 2021.
Only applications submitted through this link will be considered.
For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate “On the Road Again” in the subject line.